There’s no doubt that a retiring population creates opportunities as well as risks for a pension provider like Legal & General. Some of the key emerging questions in this area for us are:
- when providing service to our customers what can we do better to support those who are more 'vulnerable'? (living by themselves, in poor health, with small/too little incomes)
- who will pay for long-term care? Can it be insured against or saved for?
- can we make our products more accessible to the elderly?
- how can we continue to help established pension funds to do their job as people live longer and liabilities increase?
- are pensions still the right way to provide an income for life in retirement?